This world can have you really misguided, sad, scared, not feeling like yourself, uncomfortable and a multitude of other dark feelings. Everywhere I look, especially these days, I see a sad new story or see some hurtful stuff on social media or -the worst- feeling so good walking that I smile to a stranger and they don’t smile back -lol not really but, really.
With my inability to turn away from a story speaking of the injustice I looked at the different stimuli I take in everyday. As you can imagine, not so good. So I have decided to spend 30 days revamping.
Last night I watched the newest Cinderella movie and it really brought back those feelings of ease, calm, joy. I was wondering why I don’t watch movies that are just cute and make me feel good, instead of my typical psychological thriller. So as a result, I will be doing one of those 100 days of happiness but for 30 days- being realistic with myself. I will (hopefully) write about the happy things I did, all while blocking out negative things as best as I can. So what can I do?
because I love lists here’s to brainstorming-
- tip generously
- start journaling
- buy/support an album on Itunes that promotes something-anything good
- get rid of three things you don’t want/need
- write down what you’re grateful for
- spend a day at the local library
- bike down a new path, stop when you found a cool looking spot
- send someone(s) a card, just cause
- facetime/call an old friend or someone you haven’t talked to in a long time
- buy someone lunch
- room decorating
- drink more water! -try no soda
- listen to more uplifting music-no degrading, depressing music
- buy a hammock and put it to use!
- read book(s)!
- find and read some blogs that are funny, informative, though-provoking, etc
- buy yourself flowers
- record a first podcast? doesn’t have to go anywhere
- write 5 positive reviews for a book, restaurant, product, service, etc
- plan a family dinner
- spend time with kids or a baby
- join/find an online bible study or group
- quiet time
- treat yo’self
- write a poem or story or work on book idea
- delete people of social media who give you bad vibes
- go through a magazine cover to cover
- talk to parents about back home and learn about their childhoods and pasts
- be more productive than busy
- watch more cartoons or just happy stories that are very family friends but still deep